13 July 2005

"the writing is on the wall..."

First, let me say this - and this is unrelated to the year 1995: I saw Anchorman last night. It was funny but I found a mistake in it. After Veronica makes it as Ron's co-anchor all the news articles start coming out and on one of them it says "Veronica Cornerstone" and her last name was Corningstone. Just thought I would point that out. My favorite scene I think was the fight between all the news teams. Oh - and I love Paul Rudd in any movie, this one's no different! "It's called Sex Panther by Odeon; it's illegal in nine countries. It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good."

10 Top Grossing Movies of 1995 (I was just as surprised by some of these as you will be)
10. Die Hard 3 (Best line: "I threw his little brother off the 32nd floor of Nakatomi Towers out in L.A. I guess he's a little pissed at me." ~ McClane
9. Se7en (Best line: "If John Doe's head splits open and a UFO should fly out, I want you to have expected it!" ~ Detective Mills)
8. Jumanji (Best line: "You're not a postal worker, are you?" ~ The Gun salesman
7. Casper (Best line: "God, I'd kill for a pinky!" ~ Casper
6. Golden Eye (Best line: "The writing is on the wall." ~ 007, after Q blows up a dummy with a pen)
5. Ace Ventura 2 (Best line: "Pride is an abomination. One must forego the self to obtain total spiritual creaminess, and avoid the chewy chunks of degradation." ~ Ace)
4. Pocahontas (Best line: "Don't be frightened, young man. My bark is worse than my bite." ~ Grandmother Willow, a tree)
3. Apollo 13 (Best line: "Well, um... I tell you it's a very complicated procedure that involves cranking down the window and looking for a gas station." ~ Jim Lovell, after being asked how you go to the bathroom in space)
2. Batman Forever (Best line: "A girl can't live by psychoses alone... What is it about the wrong kind of man? In grade school it was guys with earrings. College, motorcycles, leather jackets. Now, *oh*, black rubber." ~ Dr Chase Meridian)
1. Toy Story (Best line: "I'd better shave." ~ Mr. Potato Head, pulling off his moustache)
Some movies that SHOULD have made this list in place of others: Dangerous Minds (13), Braveheart - won best picture that year (17), Legends of the Fall (26), maybe even Clueless (31) - but I could just be saying that because it was a movie that depicted the time and some of the girls in my school to a "T", French Kiss (42).

Top 10 TV Shows of 1995
10. N.Y.P.D. Blue
9. 60 Minutes
8. Boston Common
7. Home Improvement
6. The Single Guy
5. Monday Night Football
4. Caroline in the City
3. Friends
2. Seinfeld
1. ER
Honorable Mentions: Mad About You (loved it!), Chicago Hope, Beverly Hills 90210, Party of Five, Melrose Place, Frasier, Seinfeld, The X-Files

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I like the chewy chunks.