12 July 2005

"all hail to Shawnee Mission South as Raiders honor thee..."

"Nothin' greater than a Raider, 10 years later," declared the invitation that I received in the mail back around April. (Yes. I know. Cheesy, right? Especially for a 5A School in what is one of the wealthiest counties in the country and THE wealthiest county in the state of Kansas.) Shawnee Mission South High School's Class of 1995 10 Year High School Reunion is coming up this Saturday at the Embassy Suites on the Country Club Plaza.

Shawnee Mission South Raider

This has prompted me to reminesce a little and post about things related to that year so this week I will offer a collection of "reunion-related" entries and will return to regular-scheduled programming post-reunion next week.

Today is the "Music Edition"

Top 10 Songs of 1995
10. This is How We Do It by Montell Jordan
9. Waterfalls by TLC
8. Runaway by Janet Jackson
7. You Gotta Be by Des'ree
6. Creep by TLC
5. I Know by Dionne Farris
4. Fantasy by Mariah Carey
3. Kiss From a Rose by Seal
2. Water Runs Dry by Boyz II Men
1. Take a Bow by Madonna
Best Country Song that year was Go Rest High on that Mountain by Vince Gill

Top Albums of 1995
15. Teenage Fan Club/Grand Prix
14. Supergrass/I Should Coco
13. Raekwon/Only Built for Cuban Linx
12. Garbage/Garbage
11. Chemical Brothers/Exit Planet Dust
10. Goldie/Timeless
9. Leftfield/Leftism
8. Alanis Morrisette/Jagged Little Pill
7. Bjork/Post
6. Smashing Pumpkins/Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness
5. Pulp/Different Class
4. Oasis/What's the Story Morning Glory?
3. P J Harvey/To Bring You My Love
2. Radiohead/The Bends
1. Tricky/Maxinquaye
My Honorable Mentions: Moby/Everything is Wrong, Emmylou Harris/Wrecking Ball, Bruce Springsteen/Ghost of Tom Joad, The Verve/Northern Soul, Neil Young/Mirror Ball, Ben Harper/Fight For Your Mind, Ben Folds Five/Ben Folds Five

Best Country Album was The Woman in Me/Shania Twain

Tomorrow will feature the "Movies/Television Edition"
Thursday will feature a "Top Headlines Edition"
And I am working on a "'Top 10 Reasons I am Dreading this' and 'Top 10 Reasons I am Looking Forward to This' Edition" for Friday

STAY TUNED!

No comments: