07 July 2005

prayer for London...

Today I pray for the people in Lodon as they are faced with great adversity. I fear that although today is painful - both physically and emotionally - for them, that the worst is not yet over. By that I mean the sorrow and mourning will probably deepen before it gets better. As the death count climbs new anguish will be uncovered. As they rise from the rubble, ashes will be blown away revealing a loss they had not thought possible.

England's Flag Posted by Picasa


Dear Sovereign God,
I praise you for being the Almighty. I lift up the people of London to you today and ask you to comfort them with a peace that passes all understanding. I pray that you would descend on them with your Holy Spirit and be their tower of refuge and strength. Be their shelter God. You know their anguish and have felt it before as you are feeling it now. I pray that they would find comfort in knowing that you have known greater anguish than this. Dear Father, I also lift up to you whoever is responsible for this mess whether it be the "Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe" or someone else. I just pray that they would somehow seek you and find you knowing that they can be offered forgiveness. I pray for EVERYONE to remember that you are Sovereign; you have control of everything. These things I pray in your Heavenly name. Amen.

4 comments:

Charles said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Charles said...

Hello, I'm a friend of a friend of Josh Gibbs. My name is Charles Van Someren, one of the "triumvirate" at thehighpost.com. Thank you for your beautiful Trinitarian prayer. It is mine also, with the addition that the perpetrators of these evil acts, in common with all terrorists and similar excrescences, whether or not they receive God's forgiveness, quickly meet Him face to face.

Anonymous said...

It has been a great tragedy, indeed.

Just thought I'd leave a respectful note here that you seem to have posted a picture of the Danish flag, not the Union Jack of Great Britain.

christina joy said...

Anon~

Actually the flag I posted IS IN FACT the flag of England. The Danish flag has a red background with a "cross" off on the left side.