20 July 2005

fading into you...

This is something that has been milling around in the corners of my mind and heart for a couple days now. And because it's keeping me awake I figured I had better hammer it out before I lose it. It must be stirring in me for a reason...

Here I kneel with upturned hands
At the place where mansions used to stand.
Broken pieces of my life lie shattered
At your feet, as though they mattered.
But I suppose they did in some small way
Things I helplessly clung to every day.
But I am beginning to notice tiny little pieces of me
They're starting to disappear and I begin to see
A little more of you in me.
Fading into you
Melting into something more
Becoming new
No turning back to the one I was before.
Here I swim, frantic, with upturned hands
Begging you to raise me up, set my feet on land
'Cause right now I'm not sure I can do it on my own
And I need your help, for fear I might drown.
If I just had a little more faith I could walk on water
Or be worthy enough for you to call me, "Daughter."
But I hear you telling me my mustard seed faith
Is enough to crown me with your grace.
And I begin to see a little more of you in me.
Fading into you
Now standing firm on solid, holy ground
With faith renewed
Where tides of shame and guilt cannot be found.
Here I stand, praising, with upturned hands
With a loud voice I sing and healthy legs I dance.
It's a song we sing of my life,
The composition gracefully unfolds
Revealing notes of purest crystal and a silvery gold.
You're singing melody in this, a luminous duet
With me on harmony in what's the first of many sets
Of songs that flood my heart and shine glory on my face;
The rhythm of your love moves me in this place
And I begin to see a little more of you in me.
Fading into you
Crying out, almost bleeding songs of praise
Dancing into life anew
A life made possible only by your grace.

No comments: