22 July 2005

what do you daydream about?

I had lunch with my friend Jon today. He's getting ready to leave tomorrow for Hungary for 17 days. He will spend his time drinking Hungarian wine, playing chess, and smoking clove ciggys on the balcony of the apartment he'll be living in. He'll also being paying a visit to Transylvania at some point. Upon arriving back in the states he's having an "alien party." He's going to mow crop circles in his grass and everyone will make those hats from the movie Signs out of tin foil, and we'll sit around drinking beer and watching alien movies all night long.

Anyhow, now that you have a little "background information" on his personality, as we were wrapping up lunch he posed this question: "When have you felt most scared while in the city?" I told him about the 4th of July driving back from Royals Stadium we took the back roads through the ghetto. 5 white, middle-class, single people, in a tricked out white Suburban, bass thumping loudly, in the middle of the night. Clearly we were in the wrong neighborhood. I wasn't really scared that night and I don't know if I ever have been really scared.

He said that he hadn't either but then said this: "I would like to get mugged though. I'd like to be held at gunpoint and demanded that I fork over my wallet. I just think it's something that someone like me should experience. Or I want to walk out of work one day and just get shot in the arm. Yeah, I would take a bullet and then sue the building's security for $100K."

Of course, I am staring at him in disbelief through all of this. And then he says, "Is that weird? Is it weird that I daydream about getting shot in the arm?"

Ummm... well... Most other friends of mine daydream just about the money and leave out the getting shot part. He's a strange one but he's just so damn fun and interesting to be around. Ya just gotta love him... You can't help it! *_*

1 comment:

so i go said...

sounds like my kind of guy.. a very cool friend indeed. likes life on the edge, and the scenery is great there.

have a great weekend!