27 July 2005

hear in the silence...

this flowed from my heart out through my fingertips to you tonight.


listening in the loud silences for you
listening here for you to speak to me.
and also hoping you will hear me in this silence
hear what i am saying by saying nothing at all -
an offering of nothing because in this moment
it is all i have to give.
my sinfulness bleeds from me in pools of red
bleeds in puddles around your feet,
and pools where you bled.
staining this piece of holy ground,
this small space of sacred that i have found.
but i look up, daring to show my face.
only i see you weeping,
weeping tears of grace
falling down like rain
and like before i find again
your tears have washed away the stain.
breaking out of myself
begging to be rescued.
asking you to soften my edges just a little,
round out my sharp corners,
erase these unsightly blemishes,
and give me a believing heart.
i hear myself breaking this silence
asking you to:
write my life, be my author.
paint my life, be my artist.
romance my life, be my lover.
bring rhythm to my life, be my music.
breathe my life, be my air.
refine my life, be my fire.
quench my life, be my water.
grow my life, be my ground.
when i am lost, be my found.
live my life, be my life.
consume my life, be my everything.

2 comments:

so i go said...

simply beautiful.. thank you for sharing this.

Meredith said...

Beautiful expression from your heart, CJ. Thank you for sharing this.

...and thank you for your kind comments on my blog.