19 July 2005

upper room...

You've probably realized by now that when I don't have much to report I will post one of my writings. Today is one of those days...

Meet me here
Hear my prayers
Draw me near
Become my air.
I've come here to meet with you,
To lay my burdens at your feet.
Humble and broken, make me new.
Refiner's fire, burning deep.
You've placed in me a burning flame;
Fan the fire, spread it wide.
Pour in your grace and drown the shame.
I'm asking you to come inside
Come and fill the emptiness in me
Until all that's left is your name glorified,
Until all you see is your image in me.
I've come into the Upper Room
To fellowship with you,
Have you wash my feet, my hands and my heart too.
To partake of the bread and the wine,
The body divine.
I've come to be intimate with you,
To be in relationship with you.
Find me, forgive me, guide me, reach me.
Fill me, use me, mold me, teach me;
So that I may go and tell the world of death defied
And rejoice with you when we find your kingdom multiplied.

ALL the world's an altar, holy ground. My upper room is everywhere. No place is off limits for meeting with my Lord: not work, not the movies, not in the shower, and not in the middle of the street!
Unfortunately a couple of the disks that I have some of my poetry on aren't working - they have been infected with some sort of virus - so I can't get to some of them. POOP! I don't know what to do because I wasn't wise enough to save them anywhere else!

No comments: