22 July 2005

"love kills, tears you right apart..."

That's a line from the song Love Kills by Queen.

"I think sometimes you love someone so much, you have to be numb to it... because if you actually felt how much you loved them, it would kill you." ~ This is a quote from the movie Riding in Cars With Boys, which I saw last night. I had seen it before but this line stood out to me last night. I wonder if that is true. I wonder if I don't fully experience the extent of the love I have for certain people: family, friends, etc... But isn't that a part of what love really is? I mean, if you love someone, wouldn't you want to die for them, lay down your life for them in order to save them?

I will say this though, I am so glad that Jesus wasn't numb to it - he felt every single moment, every single ounce of love that he had for us. Especially the last 12 hours of his life when he actually did die because of that love. His love for us tore him apart and nailed him to a tree. Unconditional. Beautiful. Perfect. Sacrificial.

No comments: