05 July 2005

fireworks from God...

Yesterday we celebrated the 4th of July - our country's "birthday" so to speak.

Sunday night, the 3rd, we, in Kansas City, were treated to a special fireworks display that God put on for us. It was incredible! And a little spooky at the same time. My power went out for about an hour and it made for the perfect atmosphere - just watching the storm and listening to the thunderous booms and drinking my glass of wine. It kind of put in perspective just how awesomely almighty God is.



lightning Posted by Picasa

I started thinking about storms and how so much growth happens because of them. And then I thought Isn't that pretty indicative of life too? When we encounter "storms" in life, don't we get the most growth out of those times? Looking back over my life - especially the last few years - I can see the storms I have been caught up in. Then there's the calm just after. I came through each of those storms stronger and with increased faith in God. Just another example how he makes beauty out of ashes!

Hope everyone's holiday was safe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post. A wonderful reminder of how things are, even if we cannot see them.

Stephen said...

I like the new template.