08 July 2005

only you...

This is my prayer for today...

No one but You Lord
Can satisfy the longing in my heart
Nothing I do Lord
Can take the place of drawing near to You

Only You can fill my deepest longing
Only You can breathe in me new life
Only You can fill my heart with laughter
Only You can answer my heart's cry

Father, I love You
Come satisfy the longing in my heart
Fill me, overwhelm me
Until I know Your love deep in my heart

delivered

This describes exactly the way I feel right now. I want to know his love deep in my heart, to have him satisfy my longings. As I sit here and think about what that would feel like I am moved to tears. I ache so much for him to just envelop all of me, for there to be a seamless transition between him and me, that I can't tell where I start and he begins. I long for a time when I "feel" him with me at all times. Is that really possible? I have heard friends talk about their experiences with him and I get jealous. Why don't I have those kinds of experiences? Am I doing it wrong? Is there something I am missing that until I get he won't share those breathtaking moments with me?

I am feeling frustrated. I can't put into words quite what I am feeling. I simply yearn for him to draw near to me although that doesn't quite describe it completely. It's more than that. My heart knows and hopefully she will tell God what it is she feels and what it is she wants.

1 comment:

so i go said...

this is a beautifully honest prayer.. that 'seamless transition' can be so elusive..

i'll be praying with you.