26 May 2005

...something to be

Run right out and get Rob Thomas' (Matchbox 20) new solo album called ...something to be. Great stuff! A lot of it still sounds like Matchbox 20 but there's a couple songs on there that are different for him: "now comes the night" and "my, my, my" are probably my two favorite songs. The whole album is good though. "lonely no more" is a little Enrique Iglesias-esque and other songs to me were reminescent of other artists like Sting and maybe a little Glen Phillips/Toad the Wet Sprocket. FAB!

1 comment:

shannon said...

Hi CJ!

I've only just discovered Rob Thomas. I've got "Unwell" on my Ipod, but I didn't know who was who until "Lonely No More" came out and I heard a lot of talking about RT. Know what's funny? I keep getting hooked on these songs on commercials--that's how I heard "Lonely No More," Five For Fighting's "100 Years," and Devendra Banhart's "At the Hop." It's a strange way to get introduced to music, but it seems to be working for me. :)