25 May 2005

everything i will ever need to know i learned on 5-25-05

As unproductive as I feel today has been in terms of actual work performed I, in fact, have learned quite a few things today. For instance:

1-How to change the two water filters on the reverse osmosis water system here at work. I learned how to do this from the water boy who, according to the position of his pants, missed his true calling and is in fact a plumber.

2-Gmail isn't perfect after all. It's been "unavailable" to me all day long. :-(

3-I am going to write a book. It's going to be a novel from an elevator's perspective about the people that ride it. This is just one of things I thought of while waiting for one of four elevators in my office building to come and give me a lift.

4-"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience."

5-My boss has voices in his head.

6-People do some really, really, REALLY stupid things when they have had WAY too much to drink.

7-Sitting on the patio at Starbucks you see some pretty interesting things, like the guy I saw walking with, I assume, his boyfriend. He was wearing the same shorts that Danny Zuko (John Travolta) wore in the movie Grease in 1978. Only on Danny they covered everything and also, this guys were made out of terry cloth. YIKES! Is that even legal?

8-You also get to see some amazingly hot men (of every type: corporate suits, scruffy, rugged mountain, alterna-geeks, artists, dog-lovers, etc...) while sitting on the patio at Starbucks at lunch. We're talking guys-that-should-come-with-warning-labels because they're so hot! ("Warning to ALL females: Please stand back at least 15 feet so as not to get burned!" or "Someone please call the fire department as I am so hot I am actually on fire!") WOO-HOO!

9-I felt so all alone but really my friends have problems negotiating stairs also. We should start a support group.

So... I guess it has been productive after all. I, in fact, learned a lot today. *_*

1 comment:

shannon said...

You're funny. :)

Number 4 is a GREAT quote. Very thought-provoking.

Thanks so much for linking to my site! I'm going to go open my template and add yours.

Love the posts I've read so far, CJ. You have a very sweet spirit.