27 May 2005

nothing like the sound of public praise - especially from your boss!

Ahhh... The joys of the Corporate World! I am off at 3pm today for the weekend - the LOOONG weekend! Hip hip hooray! I am so exhausted and ready for a longer break!

It's been a good day. My boss took one of my ideas and publicly applauded it. And, better yet, he's going to run with it and has asked me to help head up the project! Can you believe it? I was so flattered! I was so dumb-founded! I was so... speechless! I am used to working places where when I bring something up I get nothing but looks that say, "Who told you to speak? What are you some kind of moron or peon or something?" So this was a welcome change and I almost wasn't even going to say anything for fear that I would get this same look. I am so excited!

I am off now to enjoy my weekend! Will write when I can! Mmmwwah!

1 comment:

Stephen said...

congrats on the recognition! and happy memorial day... us canadians have to work today. unless self-employed like me.