16 May 2005

did i just say that out loud?

A summary of my weekend in snippets of actual conversations that took place either at The Gathering's chicks retreat or various other places...

Me, to myself really, at Steak & Shake while peering mournfully into my shake - not meaning for it to sound even remotely like it did: "Oh no! I just lost my cherry! I wonder if I can find it?"
My friend, upon hearing of my loss: "Sorry, but once you've lost it, you can't get it back."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Playing a game of Catch Phrase late Friday night...
My friend,
Amy: "Hey Jude!"
Me: "I said that!"
Amy: "You did?"
Me: "Wait. What did you say?"
Amy: "Hey Jude."
Me: "Oh. No. I didn't say that."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My friend Joe: "Go introduce yourself to my friend Dave. There in the blue shirt."

Me, a minute later, to guy in a blue shirt: "Hi I am C.J."
Guy in blue shirt: "Hi. Nice to meet you. I am Steve."
Me: "No you're not."
Guy in blue shirt: "Yes. Yes I am. I am Steve."
Me (frustrated): "No. No you're not. You're Dave!"
Guy in blue shirt (confused): "Ummm... NO! NO, I am pretty sure I am really Steve!"
Me (now more confused than frustrated): "Are you sure?"
Blue Shirt (now more frustrated than confused): "Uhhh yeah... Pretty sure I know my name."
Me: "Well, okay, I guess. I must have the wrong person then. Sorry. Still, it was nice to meet you."

Another guy in blue shirt: "Hi. I am Dave."

Me (glancing back and forth between Steve and Dave, blinking): "Uh-huh. Right. Yes, of course. Why wouldn't you be? Hi. I'm Completely Mortified. Nice to meet you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: " I went on a retreat with The Gathering this weekend. And I am doing something with Real Life next weekend. And I am still involved with Fusion."

My friend Wendy: "Well aren't you just the church-slut."

Me: "Yes. Yes, I am. I may get around but I'm proud of it too! Thank you!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me in response to feeling warm: "I just don't understand how I am sooo hot!"



Yes. Yes. I know. I am quite entertaining when I can be. I am sure there were others but that's all I can think of for now. And now for more fun...

These are things I heard over the weekend:

"Mmm. Girl. It looks like you've got some dookie on your skirt."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There's a young bear in the woods and he's just dumped out everything he's eaten that day. There's an Indian word for that: Jomaki."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My roommate Cindy: "Jen and I are going to practice flip-turns."
My friend Corissa: "Oh yeah. I want to do that to."
My friend Shea (a guy): "Is this for cheerleading?"
Cindy: "Of course. Yes. I am a cheerleader."
Corissa: "Yes. Me too. Rah. Rah. Sis-boom-bah! See?"
Collectively: Laughing. And then, "Uh no. It's for swimming. For a triathlon."
Cindy: "Although for June we don't need to do flip-turns. It's in a lake."
Shea: "It's not for cheerleading?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My friend Streuf: "I am deathly afraid of main drains. Those big black things at the bottom of pools. Deathly afraid. It caused problems for me when I was on swim-team and when I was a lifeguard."
My friend Joel: "You've inspired me. I know what I will be for Halloween now. A main drain. Not quite sure how to pull it off but it's gonna be terrifying."


My friends, as you can see, can be very entertaining too. That's why we're friends, I think. Well, there's that and the fact that we're all called to love each other despite knowing each other so well.

No comments: