20 May 2005

a brief interjection

To the person who wrote this in response to my "a date or not a date?" entry:
I appreciate and value your two cents worth and thank you for providing it. You made some very good points. I should interject a couple things though. 1) By no means did I mean to come across like I was taking this too seriously. I do see it for what it is - just hanging out - and I am fine with it. I had a great time last night with him even though it wasn't what I expected (not that I had grand expectations either). 2) When I wrote the entry I felt plain. I have good days and bad days and when I wrote it, it was one of the not-so-good days. I think we all feel a little plain every once in a while, don't you agree? Today on the other hand I feel more like the fabulous me that I know I am! I am interesting in ways that I know are unique to me. I know that. I have a great life! 3) I am not at all the "glitzy don't break a nail type" that you refer to in your post. I am the opposite. I am much more a tomboy, not at all prissy. I like to fish and camp and hike and swim in lakes, etc... I am not really the trendy, lets-go-clubbing kinda girl. I am more a nature girl and I am very comfortable with that. It's who I am and I am proud of it. What I expressed in my original post was the normal anxiety that I think every girl feels when going on a "could be date."

That's MY two cents worth. I value your opinion and again, you made some VERY good points!

No comments: