06 May 2005

a love affair with words...

Words
I love words -
I love how they sound,
Curling over the threshold of my ears;
I love how they feel on my tongue,
Lingering there for just a second
Letting me taste them, savor them
The seasoning of my life;
Before releasing them like prisoners.
It would be wrong for me to keep them for myself.
So I let them go, let them hang in the air
Waiting for them to be captured by someone else;
To then be set free again, crisp and clear.
Never to be stagnant, constantly in motion
Ebbing and flowing, forever poignant
The power of the written word
Can invoke such feeling, such emotion,
Provoke such thought and conjure images like magic.
I love how they sound in my head before I say them
Something so familiar, so comfortable in them;
Like an old friend, they make me think of home.
No matter where I am I can always come back to them
And no matter how long I have been gone
I return and we pick up where we left off.

No comments: