24 May 2005

in the beginning was the Word...

I love what this writer and fellow-blogger says about writing and words:

When you have those inevitable moments of doubt, despair and discouragement, remember this: remember that words are so powerful, so potent,and so filled with life-changing potential, that "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God." Words have God's indisputable mark of approval. Words were His idea. He offered this form of communication to the world, and in effect said, "This is good."
I love that! It's so true and I have never heard or seen it put quite like that before. "Words have God's indisputable mark of approval." Beautiful!

I read an excerpt from her book A Whisper in Winter and, since I am blessed enough to have a Barnes & Noble maybe 100 feet from my office, I ran right out at lunch and got it. I read a couple of the little stories already and already I have been in tears, or nearly in tears, three times. It's a beautiful book by a gifted writer that I just happened to stumble upon. It is a book I will buy for all the women in my family and all the women I am close to. Thank you Shannon Woodward and thank you, God, for gifting her with this amazing talent!

No comments: