23 May 2005

i am changed...

I am changed. My weekend was incredible but the highlight was last night. I went to The Gathering, as I have done many times before, but this was different. It was our first meeting in the Auditorium - a bigger space that we will, without a doubt, grow into. And I was so moved. Moved by the music. Moved by Isaac's message. Moved by the people (there was a fairly large crowd and we filled the larger space quite well, actually). Moved by the music again. Moved by the Spirit! I totally felt God's presence there. He was there. I could literally feel him on my skin; it was so... overwhelming? Even that word can't quite describe it accurately. Nothing But the Blood by Matt Redman and One Pure and Holy Passion by Passion are two particular songs that spoke deeply to me last night. We sang Nothing But the Blood (a song I had never heard before but that I am now convinced I can't live without. I will have to buy the cd.) and I prayed the lyrics to One Pure and Holy Passion during the service last night because that is all I desire: to know and follow hard after God.

I feel renewed. I feel alive. I feel humbled. I also feel a little bit "jipped" truth be told. I feel that way because I want my own profound "this is what grace is" moment. I want a moment of my very own. I want God's grace made so real to me in such an acute way that I have not experienced before. I want to experience it so deeply that I am shaken to my core, that I am undeniably and wholly changed. I, literally, want to be rocked!

I just pray that You would reveal to me my moment and that I would see it for what it is - Your grace: amazing, life-changing, mind-blowing, heart-altering, profound grace! Amen!

God is going to do prodigious things through The Gathering from here on out. I can feel it. We will transform lives and win hearts for Christ! I really believe that last night was a turning point, a stepping stone to greater, more magnificent things to come.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Wow, I'm not a Christian--except culturally--but i appreciate your experience.