25 May 2005

just a few random thoughts...

Not much to report today so...

Last night, before church, I went to the first meeting of my new co-ed book study group where we spent some time just getting to know each other, etc… We were instructed to come with an off-the-wall question to ask 3 of the group members as sort of an ice-breaker. One of the questions I was asked was, "What character in a movie would you like to be or that you at least greatly admire?" Great question and I had to think for a while. This is what I came up with: I greatly admire Kevin Kline's character in
Life as a House because he took a tragedy and made a triumph out of it. From his ashes rose beauty and grace and forgiveness. It's an incredible movie, moving, changing, thought-provoking. It's a movie that requires action on our part to examine our own lives and relationships. Phenomenal!

I am very excited about this group. We're going to be reading two books that I have heard are just incredible books:
Wild at Heart and Captivating. The first is by John Eldredge and the second by him and his wife Stasi. We’re meeting once a week all summer.

Another reason I love my church so much was revealed to me last night.
Charlie Hall from Passion Worship Band is going to be at our Tuesday night service on 14 June 2005 - 3 days before my birthday! It's going to be a fantastic service! I can't even hardly wait. It's funny because I had just been talking with my friend Jon (and worship leader for The Gathering) on Sunday night about Charlie Hall and then last night it's announced that he's coming - to OUR CHURCH! Did I mention that I am excited?

I am having dinner with my friend Ariana tonight. I haven't seen her in nearly a year - since we got done with
Breakthrough last year. I am super-excited about getting to see her. There's so much to talk about! She was my "buddy" at Breakthrough so we got to spend lotsa time together getting to know each other - really getting to know each other. Can't wait to see her!

No comments: