20 May 2005

so NOT a date...

So, I met my friend Scott last night who I have not seen in a few years. We met at Fuel (this cool Harley bar where the girls dance on the bartop Coyote Ugly Style) for drinks. First he was like 10 minutes late so I am sitting there a female, by myself in a Harley bar full of Harley dudes talking about their Harley motorcycles. Now I love Harley's as much as Jay Leno and love riding but it was a little intimidating - NO, it was REALLY intimidating. So he shows up and we just hang out and I pay for my own beer and I haven't eaten anything but nothing on their kitchen menu looks good so I drink on an empty stomach. NOT SMART people! We hung out some more and then a couple guys I met there a few weeks ago showed up and we all hung out together. Then Scott (the guy I was there to see) took off. Then Larry took off. Then it was Ryan and I. I met Ryan a few weeks ago like I just said. So Ryan and I hung out for a while, then joined another table. Then Ryan left and then it was me, Pete, Scott, Mike, Janine and some other girl. All this to say, it was NOT a date! Not even remotely similar to a date. It was fun. I had a good time. But it wasn't really what I expected. Then I drove home, again after drinking about 5 beers on an empty stomach. Again, not smart! But I made it home safely thanks to my friend Chandler (I call him Bing by the way, as do most of his friends, or maybe I am the only one, not sure...) talking to me on the phone from Utah to keep me alert. There ya have it folks! The summary of my non-date. I should say that I had an email from Scott waiting for me this morning saying that it was good to see me and he hopes he can see me again sometime soon to you know, just hang out, I am guessing. I did have a good time though, so don't get me wrong!

No comments: