31 August 2005

...leave me breathless..., ...breathe, just breathe..., ...take my breath away...

... So what would just be the icing on the cake that is my life right now? What would make it all so much sweeter?

I met someone? Nope!

My profs decided to just give me all automatic As because they like me so much? Nope!

I won a car and don't have to feel "trapped" here anymore? I wish but nope!

My friends all decided to come up and join me here in the 49th state? Again, nope!

I got a sinus infection the very first day of classes, two days after my arrival, that has rendered me totally incapacitated? Yep! Aren't you so very excited for me? I know. I know. It's the greatest right! I don't know of anything better that could have happened to me. Except maybe my insurance company not covering my doctor's visit OR my prescriptions today. I am so very lucky! My visit alone was a whopping $95 and only ONE of my TWO scripts totalled $100. You wish you were me, I know! I don't blame you! First thing tomorrow, I am getting on the phone to my insurance provider to see if I can get reimbursed for at least all of it but my copays. Hopefully they will oblige.

To make my life even more fun, one of my required classes is P.E. As in Physical Education. "Yeah, hi. I am in high school and my next class is gym." I haven't had P.E. for at least 10 years. Why would I want to take it now with a bunch of people who are 10 years younger than me? So I am trying to get out of it and I think I have a pretty good chance at succeeding in that. I missed class today because they were doing a timed 2-mile run/walk and yeah, I can't even walk across the room without collapsing exhausted on my bed to nap for 2 hours. There was no way I was going to walk 2 miles! I should know tomorrow whether or not I have to take it. It would free up more time for my work/study program here at school and I could use that.

So I have been a little absent from blogging because of the move and now, my head feels like it could explode with the slightest touch. I PROMISE to return to regularly scheduled programming just as soon as I can breathe again without effort. THANK GOD FOR THE INVENTION OF THE Z-PAC! That's all I gotta say!

And again, I PROMISE that pictures are coming! I haven't had the strength to hold my head up, let alone get to somewhere where I can download them to a cd in order to upload them here.

As my friend Andrew Dean says, "Stay tuned to this constant Christ channel."

No comments: