12 August 2005

love and football...

Before I get to the important stuff I just have an update for you: Apparently "Gatorade" is not all what I originally thought it to be. I went out a few nights ago with the boy that inspired that post. I was sorely disappointed. As I told a friend of mine, it was a waste of time and a cute outfit - not to mention a very poetic post. While I was disappointed at the time I have spent no time since then sulking over it or moping about the house, crying in my beer. My life is much too precious to spend it pining after a boy who, clearly, doesn't want to be pined after, by me anyway. Plus, I want someone who will pine after me. Oh I suspect we will still be friends but the romance I perceived was all just conjured in my head.

Now, on to bigger and better things... Do you know what today is? It's the pre-season opener for my beloved Kansas City Chiefs. Can I just tell you how I excited I am about football season? I love this time of year! I always get a little giddy about mid-August! The tailgating. The beer. The Chiefs parties. The sitting on the edge of my seat. The "Benchwarmers" (hot cocoa spiked with peppermint schnapps - it's SCRUMMY!). The chill in the air that makes my nose and cheeks even pinker than they already are. The crowds. The wondering if THIS will finally be our year. Yes. I love this time of year. When I start hearing the Chiefs theme song on a regular basis on 101.1 The Fox (Chiefs Fox Football Radio Network). And that first time I hear "TOUCHDOWN KAANNSAAS CIIITY!" Or the first time I see a touchdown whether live or on tv. I am a little fanatical about it actually. We got a couple good draft picks this year that could mean at least a shot at going into postseason. But I suppose that remains to be seen and I will have to wait to see how they perform in the coming weeks and months.

"O say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the"


kcchiefs



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry