17 August 2005

the story continues...

I came in to work today exhausted. Nida and I and some friends from high school decided to go out for drinks last night to celebrate the beginning of a new journey in my life. It was around 2 when we got home and I couldn't sleep so I was up most of the night. But, nonetheless, I knew I had to tell my boss and I was nervous! I went in and asked him if he had a few minutes. He said, "Sure! Have a seat!" So I started in on the story and told him all about it. And then...

... He said that he was excited for me and that he's incredibly sad to see me leave but so happy for me that I am seizing this opportunity. Then he emailed me and said that this reminds him of the time that God told Abram to leave Ur. He told me that he and his family are Evangelical Christians and I was blown away by that! I had a small inkling that he was but wasn't completely sure. I am ecstatic! He said that it will be hard to replace me.

I emailed a dear friend of mine who works at my company in our office in Irvine, CA. I met her when I was out there on business in February. We hit it off and have gotten close over email. She is a Jehovah's Witness. She called me immediately after she read it. She was choked up! I told her about the story and what's been happening and she was elated for me! She told me how proud she is of me that I am doing this and that she is behind me all the way in this new chapter. It was such a blessing!

Then I figured I better email the rest of the crew that I work directly with before they heard it through the grapevine and formulated their own opinions. Everyone has been nothing but supportive of my decision. I was so nervous because of not giving the proper two weeks and all, but everyone understands that I can't pass up on this opportunity. It's just been more of God's blessings on this endeavor; that's the way I see it!

I will continue to keep you posted as new developments arise!

1 comment:

steve said...

God Bless!

If you get a chance could you please say a prayer for a little girl named "Rebekah" who has cancer. God knows who you will be praying about! Thank you so much!

Trying to rally some good Christian Prayer for her and her family!