03 August 2005

music in motion...

Freewriter has tagged me to name my 10 favorite songs that I have been listening to recently. So in no particular oder...

Green Eyes/Coldplay - I like to think that it was written about me; I have green eyes.
Simple/Glen Phillips - I'm jagged rock/You, waterfall/Your gentle touch/You wear me down/'til I am smooth/'til I allow/'til I can bend/'til I can bow.

Dangling Conversation/Simon & Garfunkel - I grew up listening to all their stuff and the lyrics of this song in particular are deeply affecting to me. It speaks poignantly of the distance, the superficiality and the chasm that now exists between two people, lovers, who have grown apart in the shadows that wash the room.
All the Wild Horses/Ray Lamontagne - Equal parts melancholy and a little bit dreamy. Ray beckons me into an adventure where no man's reigns can ever chain me. His voice in this song is like a fleece skimming my skin, wrapping around me, warm and comfy.
All We Ever Find/Tim McGraw - Holding out for that kind of love.
Somewhere I Belong/Linkin Park - A rock ballad for the human condition; isn't that what we all desire?
Faithfully/Journey - Still one of my favorites after all these years, probably a little trite but I just love that song!
Car Wash/Rose Royce - I just can't sit still when this is on.
I Will Not Take These Things For Granted/Toad the Wet Sprocket - 'Nuff said really.
Breathe/Telepopmusik - I fell in love with this song when I first heard it on that Mitsubishi commercial.

So now I tag Amy, Rachel, Ivy, and Cari.

1 comment:

amy said...

Successfully tagged.