18 August 2005

outpouring of love...

This is a quote that I found today on change:

"Change is to give up what we are, to become what we could be."

I can't wait to see who I will be at the other side of all the change going on in my life. I do know that I am already different because of this decision that I have made. I feel different. My world feels different. My moments feel different. Everything is different. Different in a good way? Yes. I have no reason to believe otherwise. That's not to say that there won't likely be some rough patches along the way but that's what makes us stronger and come to rest more fully in God and his faithfulness, right?

Many of you have asked what specific things you could pray for as I make this journey into a new life. Here are the big ones that I can think of for now. I will update them if and when more come up.
1 - That I will be able to prepare everything and get everything lined up for me to leave ONE week from today! YIKES!
2 - That I will have safe travels.
3 - That God will comfort me when I am homesick, because I am SURE that I will have times when all I want to do is come running home, and I know I will miss my friends and family terribly. There will no doubt be times when I ache for the comfort that only they can provide.
4 - That I will be open to the adventure that God has waiting for me once I am there. And that I will soak up all that he will rain on me and that I will be able to see his glory in all of it.
5 - For my family and friends that I am leaving behind, that they would know that this is from God and that they would know how much they are a part of me and how much I will miss them.
6 - That if I get there and say, "What the heck have I done?" that I will know that it's okay to have tried it and that it's okay to come home and not feel like a failure.

I may already have a job lined up for next summer at a camp 40 miles north of Juneau. Kristi, a friend of mine, who just might be taking my position at work, has some connections to Avant Ministries. Avant is based here in Kansas City and runs a camp in Alaska in the summer called Echo Ranch Camp. She emailed me the contact information for the guy who is currently recruiting counselors for next summer. Oddly enough, he just moved here to Kansas City from Alaska to go to Calvary Bible College. I have already emailed him and that is in the works. You can pray for this too!

I appreciate so much all the emails and phone calls offering love and support and encouragement. My cup overflows with blessings and love from all who know me and even some I have not met face to face. All of you, those I have yet to meet included, mean something very special to me. Thank you! I love you all!

No comments: