10 August 2005

addicted...

It seems I have an addiction lately. I don't know if any of you have seen the new TLC show Miami Ink but I've become addicted to it. It follows 5 guys who work in a tattoo parlor (one of them, Ami, owns it) and their stories and the stories of the people who come in to get inked and the stories behind the tats that they choose. Due to my addiction the show I have now become addicted to tattoos in general. I have 2 already and have ideas for a few others. They all mean something to me and I wouldn't want something that someone else has. I am intrigued with the idea of using the body as a canvas of sorts, a form of self-expression. Now I realize that some people claim that tattooing is a form of body mutilation but there's actually "evidence" of tattooing in the Bible. Isaiah 44:5 and Galatians 6:17 for instance both talk about bearing marks of the Lord on the skin/body. In Biblical times it was actually widely accepted to be tattooed or marked.

Like I said, I have several ideas/designs brewing in my head. There's a Christian tattoo artist here in Kansas City that I plan to make a few visits to - over a few years, no doubt. Who knows, maybe someday I will post them on here but for now I must keep my ideas to myself.

1 comment:

Bar L. said...

I found you through YBMT and I also used his post on my blog today!

Your blog is so beautiful and refreshing, glad I found it!

I have not seen the show but I am a Christian who bears several tattoos. There is a Christian tattoo parlor, "Sid's" near here and an artist named Rob has given me three beautiful and original tats over the years.

WARNING: If you think your addicted to the show, wait till you get your first tattoo. You'll go back for more. Stop by my site and look at the "Just Photos" section to see a new tattoo that Rob did for a friend of mine - it's really meaningful.