24 August 2005

most significant accomplishment....

Previously, my most significant accomplishment had not been all that significant. Something along the lines of maintaining a 3.0 or higher while working full time, going to school full time, and serving on Student Senate and maintaining a healthy social life or deciding to work instead of go to class or something similar.

Now, my most significant accomplishment is deciding to move to Alaska to attend Alaska Christian College and getting EVERYTHING ready within 9 days. It's been a pretty incredible ride and God's been part of it every step of the way. This is the most significant thing I have ever done in my life (short of deciding not to resuscitate my mom when she coded a second time). It's the most significant thing I have done for myself, that's for sure. It's incredible the way God has opened the doors for me to do this. I owe it all to Him. Everything from the scholarship to the awesome deal on the flight out there, to the possibility of a new friend and I working at the same summer camp in Alaska next summer to God giving me the motivation and the strenght to get everything ready to go in time, to awesome friends who have been there every step of the way providing encouragement, financial resources, support, and love. It's been unbelievable! God has intertwined my life with others that I previously would not be intertwined with. It's so cool to see how freaking awesome He is, and to see it firsthand. I have heard other peoples' stories like this and wanted one of my own and now I have my own. It's been unbelievable, I can't even put it into words, there are no words really to describe how awe-inspiring he really is. Had it not been for my friend, B-rad Jones (honays), today I would've fallen apart. So thank you, Brad! Love ya brother! Your encouragement couldn't have come at a better time! My small group is the best ever! I am going to miss you girls tremendously - I want to see you all in Alaska! My best friend, Nida, there aren't words. 14 years of friendship and love have seen us through everything with each other! What am I going to do without you? I love you more than life itself! You're the best thing to happen to me since Jesus. I am going to miss you most of all and I look forward to Thanksgiving when you come to see me! I love you so much! And everyone else, Amy G., Ginger, Lydia, Elizabeth, David, Aaron, Amy C., Cari, Jim P., Jim B., Rod, Kristi, Corissa, Steve, Steve S., Dana, Mark N., Bracy, and everyone else - I LOVE YOU ALL and am taking you each with me.

My next post will be from Alaska in a couple days once I get my bearings and get settled somewhat. Thank you to my prayer partners and those that are thinking about me. Love you all!

I need to go to bed. My flight leaves in about 15 hours. CRAZY!

4 comments:

so i go said...

have a safe trip.. i'll look forward to your first post from the great North.

amy said...

Ceej!! Girl, I am just so excited for you. Remember that we are all praying for you and you're never leaving Kansas City, because you reside here forever in our hearts.

steve said...

Hey do me a favor and send a prayer over to Rebekahs Site.
www.rebekahspage.blogspot.com

They are facing some tough decisions on radiation and could use some support. Tell 5 new people about her! Thats my challenge today!Thank you and God Bless! (sorry bout the copy and paste comment. Its the quickest way I can get prayer out! hope you see I just am trying to get a little girl some much needed prayer!)

Bar L. said...

You are LIVING life, I admire you!

Can't wait to hear all about the new adventures as they unfold :)