03 September 2005

bonfires and bonding...

The other night some of us went to the beach and had a bonfire and played around. I took pictures before my battery on my camera died. I knew there was a reason I used to think they were called "bond-fires." It seems that one needs a fire and some marshmallows on the ends of hangers and wide expanses of ocean and mountains as a backdrop in order to be inviting to others. But it worked so I am happy. It was a turning point in my experiences here so far. Now, I am not saying that we're all of a sudden one big happy, chummy family of best friends but at least I have people to talk to. We'll work on the one big happy, chummy family of best friends part.

Whether or not I should have been on that chilly beach so late at night with the way I have been feeling will remain unknown but I am willing to bet that I shouldn't have been. My doctor would have told me, "No way," I am sure. But then I wouldn't have had those moments with my new friends so I don't regret it. I was feeling better and I was also feeling the loneliness set in so I went. Today I am NOT feeling better, even after sleeping for 11 hours last night. Hopefully, one of these days (soon preferrably) I will be rid of the sinus pressure and phlegmy cough. I finally broke through the close-knit groups of friends that have known each other a long time in their little villages in the remote regions of this great state. It was hard to do with most of them having that much history together but I did it.

I missed you, my Internet friends. But I am back in living color. Hugs to all of you who have supported me in thought and prayer as I made this transition. I couldn't have done it without you but please continue to pray for me. I miss my friends and family from home terribly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.