26 September 2005

acwmr 2005

This weekend I went to Willow, AK with the girls from ACC and I don't know how many other women from Covenant churches all across the state. What a great weekend it was too!

Some of us shivered our little tushes off and taking part in the Polar Bear Plunge... One of our own, Cheryl Johnson jumped in 10 times! And her cousin Venessa, also one of our own, brought home the award for staying in the longest. I say they're both suicidal! That water was COLD - it knocked my breath clean out of me the first time I jumped in; and then I jumped in again because the first time I apparently froze a few brain cells.

ACWMR Polar Plunge ACC Women

We stayed up late doing stupid things, playing cards, and taking silly pictures...

ACWMR the eyes have it

We had communion...

ACWMR Communion

and my favorite picture that I took this weekend...

ACWMR Communion with Background

And I took pictures of the fall foliage. I thought these turned out pretty good too...

ACWMR Autumn in Alaska

ACWMR A Taste of Autumn in Alaska

We did something I have never done before but that I will have make a habit of doing from now on. We participated in Lectio (listening) Divina (divine, holy) - an ancient form of prayer that is usually practiced by monastics. It was phenomenal! I can't put it into words which I think is how God would want it. You should try it for yourself. I am certain my prayer experiences will be different from now on. Sorry, no pictures of this, it was way too personal.

And there were things we didn't do at all this weekend, like homework! Yeah, it's gonna be a late night tonight. I have a presentation to give tomorrow!

1 comment:

so i go said...

great pics!
praying for you, CJ..

-jeff