26 September 2005

here's your sign...

Funny story... My friend and I were just remembering this so I figured I must share it with all of my Internet friends.

Last week, the whole school was getting our pictures taken: group shots and individual shots for the yearbook, etc... This was all happening at 8:15am mind you. I got up, showered, got ready and was out there on time. This marked the first time in 5 weeks I wasn't wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. I get my individual pic taken and then all the group shots. I go to class thinking everything is fine. The photog tracks me down later in the day and says, "We need to retake your picture." "Why?" I ask. "Because you look too white, can you look more native for me?" ..."Well, Sylviu (that's his name) I AM white; not native!" "Oh."

Ummm... was my ghostly pale skin and brown, not black, hair not clue enough? Here's your sign!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.