23 June 2005

i'm here to have a party, open up the bacardi...

Yes, that's a line from a new Mariah Carey song. So what? I know this post is overdue but better late than never right? I was late coming outta the womb and I've been late ever since...

I felt so blessed to have so many friends gather around me for the sole purpose of celebrating my birthday with me. It meant so much to me! Thank you all for coming: Michael, Amy, Cari, Corissa, Chad, Eric, Elizabeth, Shea, Rod, Kathy, Ginger, Nicole, Jim, Matthew, Steve, Jana R., Monique, and my new friends Aaron, Suzette, and Stephen who I met that night at my party. To Heather for helping me set up. And of course, Nida, for having the party at her place and for so many years of awesome friendship. I cherish our friendship more than you know! I love you girl! You're an amazing blessing to me! You ROCK! If I forgot anyone (and I probably did, you know I'm getting old) I apologize. To all my friends who couldn't be there I love you guys!

The party, I have to say, was so much fun that it turned out to be my most favorite birthday ever! Yes EVER! I may have had a little too much to drink. I still remember everything that happened, of course, but I said some pretty funny things that night. Like, "Tom Cruise is the Antichrist." Or "Jim said I have perfect tomatoes." And the ever charming "I just can't blow that hard."

It was at my best friend Nida's house. Well, her mom's house really but she's in D.C. for at least a year so Nida gets free reign of the place. She has a sweet backyard and I thought there was no better place to have a party than in that beautiful setting. Plus, I could crash there if I needed to (and I did). I thought ahead. It started at 3pm in the afternoon on Saturday and the last person pulled outta the driveway at around 2am. Who else has had an ELEVEN HOUR birthday party?

Two of my favorite singers (Chad and Kathy) serenade me with a perfectly harmonized "Happy Birthday"
Kathy and Chad sing happy birthday

The reason for me saying, "I just can't blow that hard!" They put those damn trick candles on my cake! Don't they know I am getting old?
Blowin' out those damn trick candles on my cake

Corissa's worried that Chad may not know what he's doing.
Are you sure you know what you're doing, Chad?

And Corissa has good reason to worry...
Chad catches the house on fire...

All that hard work and all those flames finally paid off...
Chad takin' a bite outta beef

Jim Purcell and his little brother Matthew at the bonfire...
Jim Purcell at the bonfire with Matthew

My beautiful friend Heather roasting marshmallows in the bonfire...
Heather at the bonfire

My friend Rod who I have known for 13-14 years now... Poor guy had been up for like 36 hours straight or something crazy like that! And he still made it to my party! Now that's friendship!
My friend Rod

My sweet friend Michael out at the bonfire. Isn't he handsome?
Michael at the Bonfire

My gorgeous friends Cari (left) and Amy (right) enjoy the bonfire that Jim built for me...
Amy and Cari at the Bonfire

Jim prepares for his little brother (who isn't old enough to drive yet) to drive him home in his beautiful '66 Mustang Convertible...
Jim prepares for a wild ride

Matthew says, "I can't believe he's actually letting me drive his car!" They were the last to leave besides me but I didn't leave 'til morning.
I can't believe he's actually letting me drive his car!

Okay, now I am kinda mad 'cause Flickr won't let me upload any more pics and there are more that I would have rather had on here than these. Oh well... Flickr says I have exceeded my limit already for this month so that will have to be all for now... It was the most fun! Happy birthday to me! "Everybody in the club gettin' tipsy..."~J-Kwon "It's my birthday. We're gonna party like it's my birthday. Sip Bacardi like it's my birthday..."~50 Cent

Oh... and I really do kinda believe that Tom Cruise could be the Antichrist. Poor Katie! I really fear for her. And Jim just liked the way I sliced my tomatoes when he told me that my tomatoes were perfect and that he was really impressed with them. What were YOU thinking? Sheesh!

1 comment:

amy said...

Well, I'm not sure if anyone else has had an 11 hour birthday party but last year we threw Julia a 14 hour graduation party...yeah those are fun.

I'm glad you had such a great birthday! I would have been there if it hadn't been for my ever-precious Jon and Alissa tying the knot that day.