29 June 2005

the funniest thing that's happened to me today... so far anyway...

So just now I was out 'n' about, taking a break from the pile of work on my desk at the office. I walked to my bank and then walked over to Latte Land to get a smooooothie to ease the heat of the midday sun. On my way from Latte Land heading the block or so back to the office, a random guy, looking serious and intent, stops me and promptly made the following assertion: "Did you know? Did you know that Darth Vader married an Amish woman? Did you know that?" And then he started singing about it in an attempt that was reminiscent of Phoebe's ghastly endeavors at crooning on Friends.

This reminded me of a time back in high school when my best friend Nida and I were in Westport walking around on a Friday night. (Yes it was late. And no we shouldn't have been there. But we were.) We were minding our own business and a random guy stops us and, with the same seriousness as the above guy, says, "Did you ever think that snakes can't wear vests 'cause they don't have any arms? Did you ever think about that?" I replied, "No. I have not made it a point to devote my life to thinking about such things but I sure am glad that someone's given thought to them."

For some reason I have some weird force that compels random guys to divulge profound truths to me.

After the guy started singing today I promptly started walking away. He yelled out at my back, "But at least I made you smile and laugh a little!" He was right. He did. *_*

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I think it was Hutterite woman, not an Amish. If you see the guy again let him know.