02 May 2006

and the award goes to...

So, Sunday was my graduation from the one-year program here at ACC. I got a Certificate of Biblical Studies. But that's not what this post is about. I also received a Certificate of Achievement from the school. It was the first time in the school's history that anyone has maintained a 4.0 all year. Yep! It's true, I was valedictorian. But this is the funny part, I went up on stage to receive my award and as I was walking off I tripped and face-planted right there on stage. In front of everyone. Lemme tell ya, it was a shining, graceful moment. One of which Amy would be proud.

I will post more later. But for now, I am exhausted. I worked from 9am to 8pm today. YAWN!

4 comments:

amy said...

You're right. I'm beaming with pride right now. I LOVE IT.

Mark D said...

Yeah, the Word does say pride comes before a fall. (kidding, ha ha)

I am VERY impressed! The certificate I'm sure was nice to receive, but more than the piece of paper, your GPA shows how serious you were about learning. You are taking away much more than you may think.

so i go said...

congrats, my friend.. awesome GPA too. i only smiled a little at the trip and fall. just a tiny little bit :-)

hope you didn't get hurt!

peace, jeff

michelle said...

YES! on both achievements...the gpa that rocks and the trip...well lets just say that dancers have this odd habit of not being able to walk so i can totally sympathize.
sounds like you could use a day of nothing but rest and relaxation!