10 May 2006

a brief brief...

Babysitting went well last weekend. Thanks for your prayers. I actually had a blast but was completely exhausted by the time the parents came home. Friday afternoon was soccer and then that night I took them to a Cinco de Mayo party at the home of our IT director. We sat by the bonfire in the backyard by the lake, took a few swings at a pinata, ate some authentic Mexican food, and just had good fellowship. Saturday was soccer pretty much all day. Then that night I took them to the beach for a bonfire and we roasted hot dogs, ate s'mores, I introduced them to Wasabi potato chips and to my surprise they loved them. Sunday was Sunday School, church, homework, playing outside, Papa Murphy's pizza and movies. Monday they told me that I was the best babysitter they've ever had. They were eating the DQ ice cream I had just bought them when they said it so I guess I'll never know if it was the ice cream talking or if it was the truth. I saw them last night at an open house for one of ACC's staff member's birthdays. Their eyes lit up when they saw me and I was so touched. What an honor it is to have that effect on a child, let alone three! They all ran to me and gave me hugs. I loved it! Megan, who is 6 years old, invited me to her dance recital next week. I absolutely wouldn't miss it.

Will have more of an update shortly. I apologize for the brief nature of this post. I've got a date with 5 wonderful men who are waiting for me out in the parking lot. I just shared my testimony with them and now they feel like family.

3 comments:

Mark D said...

I'm behind on my blogging...been quite busy. Sorry I did not catch your previous post in time to pray, but I am glad it worked out.

Is your toe still swollen? I hit my thumb with a hammer HARD when I was a kid and it swelled up so much it was necessary to bleed it - my dad used a red hot paper clip to burn through my thumbnail. Not fun.

michelle said...

im so glad babysitting went well for you...i baby sat last night for a two year old who is just a dream and her 5 week old baby brother who is dealing with super explosive gas...poor thing is cute as can be but his tummy rumbles loud enough that you can hear it without trying to listen for it and then fifteen minutes later he's in pain...not fun...i mean i had fun but man i dont know if i could handle that all day everyday...just dealing with last night was exhausting...you win the hero award for doing extended duty! :)

Anonymous said...

Dad says Dance my Princess Dance!