23 May 2006

blessings in the form of friends...

I apologize for the lack in posts recently. Spring has finally sprung here in Alaska and I am soaking it in. Today, it's actually hot out. Well... hot for Alaska, anyway.

Over the weekend, my friends Tom Mute and Doug Swanson came down from Anchorage for a couple days. We had a ton of fun staying up all night, playing Trivial Pursuit, going to Sal's at 3am, giving each other back rubs, eating together, and just hanging out. Sunday Tom and I grabbed some fruit smoothies and headed to the beach for a while and found a couple rocks to sit on and we just sat and talked, basking in God's beautiful creation. Tom is one of very few people here with whom I have been able to be relatively transparent. Maybe because he's transparent himself... I don't know. It doesn't matter. He's the older brother of a friend of mine, Ryan, who is a fellow ACCer. Doug is Tom's best friend. I met them both last fall on a mission trip in Koyuk and since then have really loved the times I have spent with them, what little they have been. But Tom's promised to visit a few times this summer and I am hoping to make a trip up to Anchorage next month for a weekend for my birthday, June 17th by the way, to see them and other friends that live in Anchorage.

Another couple friends will be coming down this coming Monday for 3 weeks for Native Language Institute that's held on campus. It will be so good to see both of them, Andrea and Ariana, the Solie sisters.

God continues to find new ways to stretch me and grow me. I have been dealing with a couple things in my life lately that I won't go into too much detail here but I just want to ask you to pray for me. If you want to know specifics in order to pray more efficiently then you can email me and I will give you the background.

Oh, I will be adding a "Daily Qoute" section to my blog's sidebar in the very near future. Keep your eyes pealed for that. I will try to update it at least every other day.

That's about all I got for now... I am working on a couple other pieces that I hope to have ready to post tomorrow along with a picture or two of the past weekend.

2 comments:

Gigi said...

very much looking forward to following your journey....

Anonymous said...

Praying that you will continnue to let God Stretch and Grow you - The Rose
I hope that the memorial day week end is one of peace and finds you well.