09 January 2006

return to home from home...

I am back in Alaska after 3 weeks away. I went home for Christmas to the Kansas City area and to California to see family for Christmas. I was anxious to get home and see everyone because I missed them all so much. But by Saturday night I was excited to be getting back here because I missed everyone so much! How blessed I am that I have two different places that I can genuinely call home, eh?

I promise to return to regular postings - will try to post again today if I have time - but just wanted you all to know that I missed you all too. I am so behind on reading everyone's blogs too so I will have to get caught up on that. I've missed reading your posts you guys! I will have some pictures to post as well.

Highlights of my trip were seeing family and friends again, seeing all my adorable nieces and nephews, visiting family in Cali, a trip to the ER, getting caught up, dinner Saturday night January 7th at Cheesecake Factory with 9 of my favorite girls, spending time at my dad's lake house, meeting my friend Stephanie for the first time since choir sophomore year of high school... And my absolute favorite: Friday January 6th I was leaving my sister Traci's house after eating dinner and one of my nieces, Hannah who is 2 1/2 I think, comes rushing out of the house crying, "Don't leave yet Aunt Christmas! Don't leave yet Aunt Christmas!" with her arms raised up to me. How precious that was for me and how hard it was for me to leave her that night. I miss all my nieces and nephews sooooooo much, it breaks my heart! Actually I miss all my family and friends and love them all so much but those little ones - man, there's just something that gets me in the heart, ya know?

Stay tuned!
Love,
Aunt Christmas

1 comment:

Mark D said...

Good to have you back!! It sounds like you had a fantastic time. Little ones make my heart melt too.