13 October 2005

tonight in the backseat of an old grey astro van...

I had the most amazing worship experience ever. Shawn McDonald was playing on the cd player and I was overwhelmed. I had heard a couple of his songs once or twice but the cd is simply fantastic. The others in the van were laughing and carrying on and I was in the presence of God, tears streaming down my face in holy worship. I want that cd! I need that cd! He has an amazing testimony too!

I went back to Veronica's tonight. Around sunset. And remember I said it's right on the coast? Yeah... incredible. And it was open mic night. I can't express how much I love that place - already!

I was elected by the student body to be a member of S.A.L.T. (Student Appointed Leadership Team) and we had our meeting there tonight. I am so excited about this group of students and the friendships we have already forged in the week and a half that we've been serving. We are already bonding spiritually as a group, praying for each other, encouraging one another, and fellowshiping. It's the picture of fellowship that is found in the Bible. Again, I am super-excited. We have adopted Matthew 5:13-15 as our theme verses and it fits perfectly.

And... I was one of 4 students chosen to go, out of I don't know how many that applied, to Koyuk this weekend to serve with CYAK (the Covenant Youth of Alaska). Koyuk is up north by Nome; it's one of the bush villages here - you can only reach it by plane. I feel so blessed to have been chosen to go on this trip. I leave tomorrow morning at around 10am and will be back late Sunday night. God will, no doubt, bless me richly as I experience life in the remote villages of this great state. I can't wait. I hope to take tons of pictures this weekend.

I also hope to post some pictures tomorrow morning before I head out. There were some moose outside the dorm today and I got some great shots of them. I got within 15-20 feet. Dangerous, I know, but worth it. They just stood there and stared at me as they chomped away. A momma and her two babies. So I will try to post those in the morning, but no promises. If not tomorrow, Sunday or Monday for sure when I post about my weekend.

Pray for me this weekend and for the youth that I will be ministering to. Most of them will be native youth who have had very hard lives. Just pray for them. I love you all!

God, open my eyes and my ears. Prepare my heart. Prepare my mind. Prepare my hands to do your work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a song -
The ROSE - YOU ARE THE SEED

Or He is the vine - you are the branch.