13 April 2006

pictures worth a thousand words...

A few of the dogs that I took mushing last Saturday in Unalakleet, AK (up by Nome)...

dogs

'Nessa and I getting ready to go out and Adam just standing around...
dogmushing

We had just returned from mushing...

dogs

Marie, Rachel, Rachel, 'Nessa, Salena, Abe, Adam, Doug at our western-themed dinner last Saturday night at the Covenant Church in Unalakleet, AK...

part of the group at the

Jamie Jafar Sighafi or "Sir Goof-offie", a drummer, and Aaron Espe who led worship for us last weekend (and who is amazing by the way) and then followed us home to Soldotna to do an intimate concert for us on campus this last Monday the 9th...

Jamie and Aaron

Aune the assistant director for CYAK, Aaron Espe, Doug Swanson CYAK staff, and Erik Young who just completed his internship as youth pastor in Unalakleet and is on his way to North Park in Chicago to finish up his schooling before graduation. This photo was taken as they were all leaving ACC's campus yesterday after spending a few days with us. I miss them all already...

aune, aaron, doug, and erik

Blassi, this year's class president, strumming away on the guitar...

blassi

Blassi and me...

blassi and me

me, Blassi, Jimmy and Sylvia T...

me, blassi, jimmy and sylvia t.

With just two weeks left of school before graduation, I am filled with sadness. The few people in these pictures have become part of my story. Blassi has been an excellent fellow leader on campus and, as another older student on campus, has also been a good friend. He leaves after graduation for boot camp in Texas for the Air National Guard. Pray for him as he has never experienced that kind of heat and humidity before and he'll be in Texas and Kansas for 5 months in the middle of summer. He leaves next February probably for his first tour in Iraq. I will miss him dearly.

1 comment:

amy said...

CJ, you're so pretty. Do you know that? I miss you.