13 July 2006

this week i...

  • changed jobs
  • watched the first season of Northern Exposure and noticed how inaccurate it is in some ways and how accurate it is in others
  • discussed and debated for 2 hours what tithing and giving looks like today with about 25 other 20-30 somethings at a new Bible study I've started attending
  • contemplated life and spirituality for hours on end while staring into a fire for hours on end
  • took a drive
  • thought about how the majority of this huge state in which I get to reside is wilderness, pure and untouched by the world - no buildings, no civilization, no scars, its beauty still in its originally created state, habitats still intact; and then thought about humanity and how opposite that picture is for us.
  • realized how satisfying hard physical labor can be and how I never thought I would be one to say that
  • wondered, yet again, why we hide so much behind this facade of "I have it all together;" and decided that if I took my mask off and was completely honest and wore my brokenness "on my sleeve" I would look like a smashed windshield
  • went clamming in order to make clam chowder for dinner tonight
  • met a distant relative - my poppa's brother Doug and his wife Nancy live in Muskegon, MI and a team from their church is up here this week working on campus volunteering and Nancy's cousin Dick is on the team; it's so good to make connections
  • have been apalled at the fact that I have been here one month shy of an entire year and have yet to go fishing
  • mastered the weed eater; it's an art form, you know - my arms will be buff by then end of the summer from carrying that thing all over campus
  • gotten down about how far I have yet to go in completely healing from my past but then looked at how far I have come and basked in it
  • signed up for classes at Kenai Peninsula College, a branch of University of Alaska - Anchorage: Peace Studies, Film as Literature, Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Paraprofessional Counseling are my KPC classes, Ministry Practicum is my ACC class; and I am still hoping to do an independent study in dog mushing; next semester is Truth, Beauty and Goodness; Gender & Sexuality; Intro to Marriage, Family & Interpersonal Relationships; Personalities; and Philosophy II at KPC plus Expressions of Faith at ACC = another busy year but I hope to have my AA come May
  • got an email from an old friend I haven't seen or talked to in a few years
  • have been blessed once again by another full and rich week living in Christ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When did you sleep? When will you sleep? Sounds like a busy semester - Love ya

so i go said...

a great post, from the buff arms to the clam chowder, all wrapped up in Jesus. loved it.. hope to someday see the sights you see on a regular basis.