31 July 2006

colors of life...

I have a new favorite playground. You can play with the different magnetic poetry kits and submit poems online. It's oh so much fun! I wrote this poem there this morning:

I will...
Investigate deep water
Imagine more
Compose joy
Create fiery impressions
Sing a masterpiece of love
Paint life in bold blue and green
Open up my pain
Know balance
Live in rhythm
Sense grace
Capture movement
Anchor my purpose
Breakthrough the miasma
Question my world
Give myself fully to art and beauty
Paint vivid metaphors with drunk color
Be an icon of love
Demand harmony
Sculpt silhouettes of electric purple
Feel the sunrise
Experience true freedom
Dream music, soft and free
Feel wildly original
Dust off my heart
Model inner beauty
Drink in youth
Experience wisdom
Ask why
Witness a miracle daily
Shimmer with life and
Dance like light on water
Observe life unfolding
And I will not waste passion.

3 comments:

Bruce said...

Nice poem. One question: "Breakthrough the miasma"? The rest I can sooo do, or need to do. Especially "dust off my heart."

B~

PS - Nice quote. :-)

christina joy said...

"breakthrough the miasma" means to breakthrough the clouds/fog/mist that clouds my heart/head/judgment at times. i learned that word because of the poem. new words bring me joy!

i figured i probably oughtta clarify what that word meant... thanks for asking about it.

Bruce said...

New words are fun. Maybe I'll change my blog to Bit of Miasma.

B~