22 November 2006

thanksgiving...

Tomorrow is a day set aside each year for thanksgiving to God for the blessings in life that he has given unto us. I just wanted to take a minute and list only some of the things for which I am thankful:

  • friends - you are the family that I get to choose. I love you all, including my blog friends whom I have never met in person.
  • family - you are the friends that I don't get to choose. I miss my family immensely. I love you!
  • faith - it's not just believing in God, it's believing God (what he says, etc...); believing that he is who he says he is, he can do what he says he can do, I am who he says I am, that I can do all things through Christ, and that his Word is alive and active in me. I'm believing God!
  • memories - one in particular that I have been thinking about recently... My mom passed away in March of 2000. I remember a very specific group of special friends that gathered around me during that time to comfort and support me. I asked them to come to the hospital, about 15 of them I think, to be with me before she died and by the time they got there she had passed. Their presence there was so comforting for me. I will never forget you guys.
  • dreams - two of which I am living out every day (living in Alaska and going to Bible school).a warm place to stay this weekend - I am housesitting for some friends until Sunday. And they have a yellow lab named Sunshine.
  • for rest. Do I really have to elaborate on that?
  • for the Sabbath - rest for the soul and an opportunity to grow in intimacy with God.
  • for opportunities to serve others and in doing so, serve the Lord.
  • for love.

I could seriously go on and on and on with this for a long time. But those are the most important things to me right now.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you, old friends and new, family or not. I love you. I will not be on again until Sunday.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I know how stressful this time of year is (especially for a college student) and I pray God's peace on you during this time.

B~