10 August 2006

the next couple weeks...

After tomorrow I am taking a break before school starts up again in just a couple weeks. I am housesitting (and pet-sitting) at a beautiful log cabin that's fairly secluded and sits on a lake and is surrounded by trees. The other day there were two moose chillin' out and eatin' in the backyard. Pip, one of the dogs, was barking at them. They would just look at him like, "Yeah, just watch me come over there and stomp you." It was funny.

So the next couple weeks will be full of:

  • lots of rest
  • daily walks
  • reading several books: The Life of Pi (finishing it), So I Go Now (finishing it), and starting Velvet Elvis, to which I have been greatly looking forward
  • music on the iPod
  • doing lots of introspection, reflecting on the last year, the summer, thoughts for the coming year, where I am, where I am going, and motives; all this introspection will hopefully no doubt inspire lots of...
  • journaling and writing in general
  • devouring the Bible - I plan to start a one-year plan to read it in chronological order
  • some movie- and tv-watching
  • playing with the dogs
  • just playing
  • and if I have anything to do about it, it will hopefully be full of transparent fellowship - me doing life with others, others doing life with me.
It's gonna be an awesome couple of weeks. I don't know how often I will be posting so know that I haven't forgotten about anyone if you don't hear from me and know that I will be back in bloggerland shortly. Love you all!

2 comments:

Bruce said...

I am, to put it mildly, insanely jealous of you. I hope you have a great time and get the rest you need. Enjoy.

B~

so i go said...

ya..i'm jealous too. though, i like your choice in books :-0

enjoy your time!