13 February 2006

thankfulness

I am thankful for...

  • the 3 beautiful kids I have the privilege of babysitting every Thursday afternoon and early evening
  • my friend Laura (the Spanish pronunciation), who told me that she had a surprise for me and then presented me with a big bag of salt'n'vinegar chips
  • my new comfy, cozy, warm and fuzzy Columbia gloves, and my dad for providing for them, I am thankful for him anyway - not just because he provided money for gloves
  • photography
  • 2 1/2 hours spent in a little local bookstore/coffeeshop drinking hot tea and having good and meaningful conversation while watching the rain
  • my weaknesses
  • blogging/writing
  • books
  • cards that say "I miss you" or "I love you" or "I am so proud of you"
  • colored pens
  • sweatshirts and jeans
  • hugs
  • really, REALLY great metaphors
  • memories - both old and ones in the making
  • sitting across from someone and feeling so overcome with joy, love and thankfulness for that person that it makes you want to just... I don't know... squeeze the pee outta them
  • quiet time
  • playing the game of Sorry! so much that an intervention might be needed
  • new beginnings
  • being picked up and dropped in a snowbank
  • learning the measure of God's love and favor
  • movies like Life as a House
  • nature and the beauty of the Lord
  • the various kinds of music from which I get pleasure out of listening
  • Coldstone Creamery is coming to Soldotna and so is Wal-Mart
  • the little Willow Tree angels even though I only have one of them
  • grace and forgiveness
  • my blog friends - ones I've met and ones I only know in heart and spirit
  • Alaska and ACC
  • homework because it means that I am exercising and stretching my mind
  • wasabi chips
  • sunlight and longer days
  • living a life of simplicity
  • peoples' stories
  • the emergent/pomo church movement
  • community
  • worship as a way of life and not just something I do on Sundays
  • practicing the Sabbath
What are you thankful for today? I would love to know.

2 comments:

Mark D said...

Wasssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabi (ha ha)

Coldstone Creamery is amazing!

(the following is just a sample - certainly not an exhaustive list of what I am thankful for)

I am thankful...
That my faith is built on the Solid Rock of Christ Jesus, and will stand despite the size or frequency of waves that hit it.

For God's faithfulness to lead and guide us and for His provision.

For the chance to spend time with my dad during the last days of his life.

For a wonderful wife and our first baby on the way.

For blog friends who just happen post a question that turns our focus on gratitude for what we do have rather than discouragement regarding what we do not.

Thanks CJ!

michelle said...

that today is only one day and it will be short when remembering it tomorrow (ive already and its only a little after noon had to replace a tail light cause it burnt out and rear ended a businessman's car and ended up late to school) i just cant wait to see what else happens today...look out world cause im on a roll!
im thankful that i do have variety in my life no two days are ever alike.