16 August 2005

and God answers...

Adventure calls and God answers! Yeah, um, let me just say that God works fast, man! Really freakin' fast! I sent the original email through the website yesterday thinking I wouldn't hear back until at least next week. I thought that certainly it was WAY too late to be able to get in for this Fall. Well, I got an email back this morning from ACC with all the needed forms and them saying that they still have space available for this year. Not only that, but they said that if I act fast my entire room & board bill could be covered completely for this year! So I filled out the apps and the financial aid form and faxed them back. That's when the questions started coming up in my head like "If I do go, how do I get from Anchorage to Soldotna, 3 hours away?" and others. Before I even had the opportunity to ask these questions they were all answered. So at that point it was basically a waiting game. I thought I wouldn't hear until AT LEAST tomorrow. I was wrong again. At about 10pm tonight I checked my email and saw that at 7:46pm I received an email from Scott at ACC. I had been accepted based on my application and they wanted to talk to my references but they were moving forward and proceeding with the assumption that I will be coming. THIS FALL! I have to be there NEXT THURSDAY. As in the 25th. August 25th. For orientation. I read the email and started crying because I was so overwhelmed with joy and just God's presence in all of it. All the doors to Alaska have been open and the doors to Colorado haven't necessarily been closed but just not opened very wide.

So, long story short... I am moving to Alaska in about 8 days! YIKES! Big yikes! But I am so excited too! God is so amazing! I can't believe all this has happened within a matter of just 36-48 hours. It's incredible! Sunday afternoon/early evening Alaska was the farthest thing from my mind and heart. And now I am moving there in a week. That can't be anything BUT God!

This ride has been wild, that's for sure but it's also been so worth it! I asked God for adventure and I am getting it. 10 Fold!

I was telling my stepmom tonight that it seems a little irresponsible to me. Like I feel like I should be following all the "rules" of turning in two weeks, planning way in advance for this, saving money, etc... Everyone I have talked to has said that sometimes it pays to have reckless abandon for God. I couldn't agree more! I have always wanted this kind of adventure and I am finally getting it. I couldn't be more excited and at peace!

Here's to a new chapter in my life!

Learning to be recklessly HIS,
Christina

3 comments:

so i go said...

wow! awesome turn of events.. keep us posted.

amy said...

I'm just glad you're seizing your divine moment, my friend. :)

Stephen said...

feels good doesn't it? the rush of life.